Parents: Take Action
How will the Y.E.S. Program Help My Child?
The Y.E.S. Program is a short but comprehensive program which discusses all aspects of shoplifting. Working online or listening to CD’s, your child will hear stories from other teens who have shoplifted. They will learn who really gets hurt, the personal consequences involved, how shoplifting can become addicting, ways to resist temptation and how to deal with pressure by friends.
The Y.E.S. Program
will help your child:
- Identify the thoughts, beliefs and attitudes which led them to shoplift.
- Understand the truth about the law and its consequences.
- Examine their behavior and understand how much they risked for a small reward.
- Understand the social and financial impact of their behavior.
- Understand how their actions hurt many people – their families, themselves, the employees at the store and the community at large.
- Understand and acknowledge that their behavior resulted from a choice that was theirs alone and could have been made differently.
- Develop a personalized plan to stop shoplifting now and in the future.
After completing the Y.E.S. Program 97% of kids are able to put shoplifting behind them forever.
To enroll your child in the Y.E.S. Program, click here.